We love our business – and we're good at it. It doesn't take long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It's why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it's like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
We believe in delivering exceptional experiences where we have positive impact in our communities all while ensuring optimal quality of all processes.
As an Accounting Associate, you will be working with and assisting Property Accountants and Financial Analysts directly involved in the preparation of financial statements and operating reports for the company's growing list of managed properties and assets.
Your main responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Entering and analyzing data using Excel;
- Preparing and reviewing of journal entries;
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances;
- Completing balance sheet reconciliation;
- Reconciling accounts receivables;
- Forecasting and budget preparation;
- Responding to requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Maintaining all documents and records and ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures;
- Monitoring accounting deliverables and processes, ensuring work is completed within timelines set;
- Assisting in implementing best practices, and
- Completing related activities to support team and corporate objectives.
- Successful completion of University level Commerce Program with specialization in Accounting
- Some related work experience which can include student work terms
- Experience with MS Office suite with intermediate level Excel skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism in French and English
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.