CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto, Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
As a Construction Project Manager, you will be working mainly with multi-unit residential properties. These properties are occupied with residents.
You will oversee an entire construction project, or multiple projects and be accountable for, at a minimum the following:
- Preparing project budgets;
- Preparing schedules of different phases of a project to ensure projects are completed within established deadlines;
- Participating in contract negotiations with vendors and senior staff;
- Monitoring cost and quality control of the work to ensure high standards are met;
- Planning and coordinating all aspects of the construction process, including working relationships with engineers, architects and vendors;
- Securing building permits and licenses when required;
- Needing to demonstrate strong administrative and budgeting skills, as you will be working closely with the Construction Finance team;
- Ensuring compliance to InterRent and CLV's quality control standards;
- Ensuring all Health and Safety standards are adhered to by all team members;
- Communicating to senior management status on all projects;
- Resolving and advising senior management of potential problems;
- Anticipating and resolving project issues and scheduling difficulties, and
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Must have a minimum of 8+ years of related construction experience
- Education and practical experience in a construction related field, civil engineering, building science, construction management or other related discipline and/or equivalent professional work experience
- Working knowledge of roofing systems, concrete work including restoration, asphalt paving types, and interior finishes
- Past technical building experience in multi-unit residential, commercial and or industrial i.e. restoration work, fit-ups, finishing work
- Effective communication in both verbal and written in English
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Proficient in MS Project & AutoCAD will be as asset
- Sound knowledge of CCDC forms and Ontario building codes and legislation
- Proven effective time management and logical decision making ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of team members
- Must have own vehicle and a clean driver's abstract.
- Must be available to work irregular hours when necessary
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.