CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
As part of the Corporate Marketing team, in this role as Event & Engagement Coordinator, you will be accountable for the event programming and communications related to internal and external events. Through effective communication and event planning, you will ensure that all members of the organization are kept informed, motivated and working toward common goals and activities with the opportunity to participate. You will choose appropriate communication channels and tools available, such as the company intranet, mobile messaging, social media, posters, and event ambassadors to support your event plans. In addition, you will work closely with site teams and property managers to coordinate regular events for our residents. Moreover, you will be actively involved as a community builder to support and lead some activities within our Corporate Giving Program.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly organized, a skilled communicator, detail oriented and committed to providing exceptional experiences for residents and employees. By promoting continuous feedback and input, you will develop programming that is effective and aligned to corporate values and objectives.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Establishing a corporate and resident event calendar and communication strategies, in conjunction with regional and corporate requirements;
- Ensuring organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and residents;
- Planning, editing, writing content to support related collateral, posts, newsletters and providing creative input into layout of the content;
- Working closely with other team members and event ambassadors to set up marketing kits and support rollout and logistics for events and company initiatives;
- Planning events from start to finish with support and input from others;
- Implementing planned events including booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering supplies and AV equipment, communicating event logistics, ordering event signs, and ensuring appropriate materials are available on-site to meet the quality and brand expectations;
- Participating and managing events, providing oversight and clean up for events as necessary;
- Negotiating with and serving as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters;
- Coordinating, scheduling and populating the company calendar;
- Working with marketing team members to support team goals and participate in marketing activities;
- Completing Post Surveys and follow up on participation, effectiveness and action items for events;
- Reporting on participation, effectiveness of events and feedback; and
- Completing other related activities.
- 3+ years proven success in event coordination or event management
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and public speaking
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies to align with events
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Eagerness to learn and seek increased responsibility
- Proactively working to improve all events and internal processes
- Exceptional service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Fast learner with ability to quickly assess a situation and make decisions with independent judgment to answer questions and resolve problems
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice and marketing tools
- Irregular work hours are required to support events and initiatives that include evening and weekends
- Business professional work environment
- A vehicle and G license is required to fulfill requirements of the role
- Bilingualism is an asset
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.