We love our business – and we're good at it. It doesn't take long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It's why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it's like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
As part of the Marketing team, in this role as Sponsorship and Events Manager, you will be accountable for defining and executing the sponsorship, events and CSR strategy and corresponding annual plans for the organization. You will work with key stakeholders across multiple departments to build a strategy that helps us meet our overall business, marketing and brand objectives. Through effective communication and planning, you will ensure that all members of the organization are kept informed, motivated and working toward common goals with the opportunity to participate in the various initiatives defined. In addition, you will work closely with marketing colleagues, site teams and property managers to coordinate regular events for our residents. Moreover, you will be actively involved as a community builder to lead and support activities within our Corporate Giving Program.
To be successful in this role, in addition to being an expert in the field of sponsorship and events, you will be a good strategic and creative thinker, highly organized, a skilled communicator, detail oriented and committed to providing exceptional experiences for residents and employees. By promoting continuous feedback and input, you will develop a plan that is effective and aligned with corporate values and objectives.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Articulating a clear sponsorship, events and CSR strategy and corresponding annual plans;
- Defining and monitoring key performance indicators associated with our S&E plans;
- Establishing a corporate and resident S&E calendar and communication strategies that help meet organizational needs and objectives;
- Ensuring our strategy and organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to management, employees and residents;
- Building compelling activation plans in collaboration with the rest of the marketing team;
- Working closely with other team members and event ambassadors to set up marketing kits and support rollout and logistics for events and company initiatives;
- Planning events from start to finish with support and input from others;
- Planning and executing annual corporate charitable golf tournament including oversight of sponsorship solicitation to reach donation objectives;
- Implementing planned events including booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering supplies and AV equipment, communicating event logistics, ordering event signs, and ensuring appropriate materials are available on-site to meet the quality and brand expectations;
- Participating in and managing events, providing oversight and clean up after events as necessary;
- Negotiating with and serving as a liaison to vendors on event-related matters;
- Producing regular progress reports on various S&E metrics including participation, effectiveness of events, feedback, etc., and
- Tightly managing and reporting on S&E budget and spending.
- 7+ years proven success in sponsorship and event roles
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Creative ability to devise activation strategies to align with events
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in-person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Proactive mindset to improve all events and internal processes
- Exceptional service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Fast learner with ability to quickly assess a situation and make decisions with independent judgment to answer questions and resolve problems
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice and common marketing tools
- Irregular work hours are required to support events and initiatives that include evening and weekends
- Business professional work environment
- Moderate to heavy travel within Ontario and Quebec (Montreal) will be required in peak seasonal periods
- A vehicle and G license is required to fulfill requirements of the role
- Bilingualism is an asset
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We are growing! Find out more about us and our communities at www.interrentreit.comand www.clvgroup.comand let us know you're interested.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.