CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
The entry level Financial Analyst role provides corporate-level and operational-level exposure to the real estate market. You will learn about real estate investment, asset management, and high-level property operations at an accelerated pace. This position is ideal for a recent finance graduate or financial professional with a passion for real estate.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Leading and assisting in the analyses and reporting for the acquisition and development of real estate property investments, portfolios, and transactions;
- Creating and maintaining financial models for real estate projects and assets using Excel;
- Performing ongoing income forecasting, asset management, and variance and sensitivity analysis;
- Analyzing current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of income, expenses, and capital expenditures;
- Assisting in managing an acquisition pipeline in order to track and action potential acquisitions, from initial lead through to final purchase;
- Performing due diligence on potential investments, portfolios and transactions to verify financial models;
- Performing market research on the real estate market across various cities and incorporating this research into analysis and reporting;
- Collecting market intelligence for stakeholders to assist with strategic decision making;
- Working with senior management closely, taking feedback on deals and calibrating as appropriate;
- Developing financial models and analyses to support other strategic initiatives;
- Supporting senior management and departmental managers with in-depth analysis;
- Preparing and giving presentations on complex ideas and decisions to the executives and senior management team;
- Preparing presentations as necessary, and
- Other related activities to support the team.
- Completed post-secondary education in Commerce with a focus in Finance and/or Real Estate financials
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with executive level
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and respond to deadlines on multiple projects in a timely and professional manner
- Experience in acquisition review, equity valuations or real estate finance would be considered an asset
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Bilingualism considered a strong asset
- Must be available to work flexible hours
- Position is located downtown Ottawa, ON
*Please include your salary expectations in the Submitter's Message section of your application*
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.