We love our business – and we're good at it. It doesn't take long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. Its why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
Our comprehensive benefit package reflects our family values – paid vacation, sick days and an employer-paid health plan with family coverage. We help our employees develop and achieve their personal and professional goals through educational assistance, language courses, mentorship, career planning and more. We recognize team and individual achievement, celebrate our successes and spend time together as a team. With contests, charity giving, social and corporate events, our work life offers something for everyone.
As our Landscape and Snow Removal Crew Leader, your main focus is to complete and supervise team members in the day-to-day grounds maintenance tasks to a high standard, while contributing to the overall customer satisfaction of our residents. Snow Removal and Landscaping duties will require the use of lawn tractor, push mower, power trimmer, blower, snowplow, snow shovel, tractor and seasonal related equipment. Day-to-day activities will include cutting, hedging, pruning, planting and weeding, application of ice melt products and snow removal.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum, the following:
- Supervising a crew of 3 – 7 staff by providing leadership, direction and support;
- Planning and managing the full schedules of all team members;
- Completing weekly safety talks to crew members and daily safety tailgate talks to crew;
- Performing routine and scheduled landscaping and snow maintenance of properties;
- Maintaining general upkeep of the properties to ensure all amenities are in good working order and operating to satisfaction of our residents;
- Completing all approved landscaping and snow removal maintenance work orders;
- Ensuring proper disposal of garbage and debris from the properties;
- Ensuring a thorough knowledge and understanding of all health, safety and emergency procedures for all team members, and
- Completing other related duties as required and within the scope of the role.
During off seasons and rainy days, other activities may include demolition tasks and appliance mobilization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with landscape and snow removal ( commercial and residential )
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading crew members with success providing direction, training and support to crew members;
- Landscape Diploma or certification is an asset
- Excellent horticultural skills and plant I.D.
- Excellent knowledge of organic lawn care practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of hard physical labor
- Experience performing equipment maintenance
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Must be proficient using a computer and MS-Office
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to lift minimum 25 kg
- Must have clean class G license with drivers abstract
- Must have clean criminal records check
- Weekend hours may be required
- Winter hours are on-call 24/7 as well as scheduled regular daily hours
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.