CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
Within the company's current landscaping and snow removal activities, regional teams are dedicated to handle year round activities. When seasonal activities change, these team resources are reallocated to other property related interior and exterior work. In addition, we have landscape construction activities that need planning, management and execution. As the Landscape and Snow Removal Manager for Ottawa, you will set up a landscape and snow removal programs and provide effective management and organization of transportation activities. You will lead a team of dedicated staff and provide training, manage schedules and allocate resources working closely with onsite staff and senior management. In this role, you will have opportunity to provide strategic vision, operational insight and innovative methods to the operations to provide efficiencies and deliver cost savings.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Developing a program for all defined services in Ottawa and by property that align to the company's goals and plans;
- Conducting periodic site inspections to ensure work is performed to the company's standards of quality and safety;
- Maintaining records, documents and logs and providing management reports related to landscape and snow removal, salting and safety management;
- Assisting in the hiring and development of staff including providing training and feedback;
- Focusing on decreasing unproductive hours, overtime, and operating costs and increasing cash flow through the operations, consistently monitoring volume of work and job mix for maximum effectiveness;
- Reviewing weekly project costing to ensure desired profit margins;
- Directing and organizing the procurement, operation, maintenance, repairing and servicing of company vehicles and equipment;
- Ensuring all contracts and files are set up properly and paperwork is completed in timely manner with proper approvals, and
- Completing other related activities as required.
- Experience hiring, training and managing Crew Leaders and Crew Members
- Experience directing and assessing the work and workload of team members
- Experience at developing budget plans and managing operating costs
- Excellent safety record
- Excellent horticultural skills and plant I.D.
- Excellent knowledge of organic lawn care practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience performing equipment purchases and maintenance
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment
- Must be proficient using a computer and MS-Office
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Irregular and long work hours at times
- Travel as required
- Tight deadlines
- Ability to provide satisfactory Criminal Records Check
- Weekend hours may be required
- On-call as well as scheduled regular daily hours
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.