CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
As our Property Maintenance Technician, your main focus is to complete day-to-day minor maintenance repairs, to a high standard, contributing to the overall customer satisfaction of our residents.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Performing repairs to rental properties as needed, during occupancy and during the transition of residents from units (turnovers);
- Performing routine and scheduled preventative maintenance of properties;
- Maintaining general upkeep of the properties to ensure all amenities are in good working order and operating to the satisfaction of our residents;
- Responding to emergency calls;
- Completing all approved maintenance related work orders;
- Taking initiative when corrective action is necessary and removing any identified hazards;
- Painting as necessary;
- Landscaping duties as required;
- Ensuring proper disposal of garbage and debris from the properties;
- Ensuring a thorough knowledge and understanding of all health, safety and emergency procedures, and
- Completing other related duties as required and within the scope of the role.
- Working knowledge and professional experience in a wide variety of maintenance and light construction tasks including basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical and finishing work.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must be proficient using a computer and MS-Office.
- Live-In position is located in Grimsby and requires travel to St.Catharines for work.
- Must have own vehicle with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must have tools necessary to complete all tasks.
- Hours can sometimes be varied and long.
- You will need to respond to emergencies during normal hours of operations.
- You may need to participate in an after-hours rotational emergency response team.
- Weekend hours may be required.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.