We love our business – and we're good at it. It doesn't take long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It's why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it's like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
In this role, you will be responsible for performing a variety of duties and working closely with the Accounting team. Principally this will involve tracking and resolving outstanding resident payment issues in a professional manner while demonstrating a high degree of integrity, strong interpersonal and customer service skills, all while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
This role will also include generating yearly renewals, negotiating rents and filing for Fixation. This role includes the preparation of landlord notices and applications using the prescribed forms and representing and defending the landlord before the Régie du Logement.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Directly contacting residents regarding issues and outstanding rents;
- Generating and negotiating yearly renewals
- Handling issues related to noncompliance with the lease agreement;
- Preparing legal documents for the Régie du Logement and following up on submissions;
- Working directly with Bailiff's and the Régie to file Judgments;
- Representing CLV Group and InterRent REIT before the Régie du Logement;
- Reviewing aged receivables and ledgers to address non-payment of rent;
- Utilizing Excel and Yardi to prepare and maintain various receivables and legal reports;
- Assisting in implementing best practices, and
- Completing additional related accounting duties and administration as necessary.
- Strong workplace knowledge of the Code Civil du Québec and the Régie du Logement and the processes
- Excellent organization skills and attention to details
- Self-motivated, showing initiative and working independently
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong ethics and integrity
- Effective administrative skills
- Knowledge of accounting
- Proficiency with MS-Office Word and Excel
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
- Flexible for afterhours work as required and a commitment to meet deadlines
- Occasional travel is required
- A vehicle is required
- Business professional at all times
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We are growing! Find out more about us and our communities at www.interrentreit.comand www.clvgroup.comand let us know you're interested.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.