We love our business – and we're good at it. It doesn't take long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It's why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it's like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone.
CLV Group Development Inc. is pursuing an ambitious and knowledgeable Project Manager to join their team. We are a fast-growing entrepreneurial company that manages the build and execution of projects on behalf of a multitude of clients, with multi-faceted projects that range from $40-600 Million.
We are looking for someone that is excited by the idea of running both large and medium scale multi-family residential projects from start to finish, knowing that these projects are helping to shape Ottawa's skyline. To be successful in this role, you have extensive experience in a Project Manager role with a major general contractor or real estate developer in Ottawa. Projects are primarily focused on high end multi-family projects, located in Ottawa.
As Project Manager, your focus will be executing the end to end delivery of multiple projects, while developing and nurturing relationships with general contractors, consultants and trades alike. Other duties will include ensuring that once a project is under construction that budgets and schedules are met, and risk analysis is followed through.
Primary responsibilities will include the following at a minimum:
- Planning and overseeing the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects by identifying project risks, developing project plans and implementing contingency plans;
- Tendering, negotiation, preparation of contract documents including detailed scopes of work, and contract administration for all consultants and general contractors;
- Early review of project drawings for constructability, value engineering, coordination, and quality assurance;
- Compliance with company policies and jurisdictional authorities including adherence to codes, bylaws, safety standards etc.;
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Developing and maintaining the initial construction schedule in conjunction with project teams to meet milestones and completion dates;
- Ongoing oversight of general contractors/consultants to confirm requirements are being met while maintaining a professional relationship;
- Maintaining, tracking and reporting all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings;
- Reviewing progress draws, invoices verification and approval for payments;
- Managing the procurement process including general contractor/consultant/supplier negotiations and awards;
- Chairing project meetings and issuing agendas and meeting minutes;
- Coordinating and working with other internal resources to obtain required permits such as temporary lane and sidewalk closures, building permits, project closure municipal signoffs, etc.;
- Leading the project close out including deficiency rectification; and,
- Other related responsibilities to support team and company goals.
- 4-7 years of related project management experience within a development or general contractor environment
- Full-cycle project management experience in mid to high rise residential developments
- University or College education in building science / engineering / construction management is an asset
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, materials and project management principles
- Familiarity and experience with quality and health safety standards
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Familiarity with construction/project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent organizational, time management skills with ability to prioritize workload
- Creative thinker and effective problem solver
- Highly collaborate, able to work in fast paced environment
- PMP certification is an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- A vehicle is required for this role to support some travel as necessary
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Gold Seal Certification is an asset
About CLV Group Developments Inc.
CLV Group, along with InterRent REIT (TSX: IIP.UN), have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.