CLV Group and InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN) have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by almost 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We love our business – and we're good at it. You don't have to know us for too long to learn why we're different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud to have a culture that makes our employees excited to come to work and we are proud investors in our communities. We offer career opportunities with room for growth. Learn what it's like to be excited to go to work every day and love what you do.
The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing multiple residential properties and ensuring the upkeep of the properties.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Handling the general custodial duties and maintenance of the apartment building at all times;
- Responding to maintenance requests, cleaning, repairs and service calls;
- Performing minor and routine repairs and maintenance, both in the unit, interior and exterior of building, including electrical and plumbing repairs;
- Performing daily inspection checks on the building systems;
- Maintaining Maintenance and Fire Safety Log (familiar with the fire safety plan for the building, maintain the daily, weekly and monthly checks and tests and the proper completion of the fire safety log for the building as per for Fire Safety Code);
- Ensuring that all buildings common areas are clean (hallways, stairways, elevators and landings);
- Ensuring regular garbage removal and recycling pickup occurs in an efficient manner;
- Seasonal exterior ground maintenance as required and requested by management;
- Maintaining exterior walkways in safe condition all year round, especially winter months;
- Monitoring inventory control of supplies and equipment, and
- Performing other duties as requested.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with basic plumbing, electrical, heating and mechanical/ventilation systems
- Excellent communication, tenant relations and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Must have own vehicle and a clean driver's abstract.
- Must have own tools necessary to complete all tasks.
- Must be available to work flexible hours.
- Respond to emergencies during normal hours of operation.
- Participation in an after-hours rotational emergency response team may be required.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We appreciate your interest in pursuing an opportunity with CLV Group.