April 5th, 2021
I/we acknowledge that InterRent REIT participates in the Crime Free Multi-Housing Program for the premises for which I/we have applied, and that I/we must provide, amongst other things, an acceptable criminal records check to be approved for residency.
Neither I/we as tenant(s), nor any member of my/our household, nor any persons invited onto or near the residential property or residential premises by me/us or any member of my/our household, shall engage in any criminal activity, including but not limited to:
- Sexual Offences/Public Morals and Disorderly Conduct (includes all sexual related offences)
- Disorderly Housing/Gaming and Betting (ie; common gaming houses, bawdy house, etc)
- Offences Against the Person (ie; stalking, assault, harassment, criminal negligence, homicide, Human Trafficking, etc.)
- Offences Against Rights to Property (ie; theft, robbery, fraud, break and enter, etc.)
- Offences involving Firearms and Weapons (ie; possession of substance, trafficking, etc)
- Offences Under the Controlled Drug and Substances Act (ie; possession, trafficking, etc.)
- Offences Under the Cannabis Act (ie; sale, distribution, possession under 19 years of age, etc)
Further, I/we as tenant(s), or any member of my/our household, or any persons invited onto or near the residential property or residential premises by me/us or any member of my/our household, shall not engage in any breach of the lease agreement that otherwise jeopardizes the health, safety and welfare of the landlord, his agent, or other tenant, or guest of that tenant.
I/we as tenant(s) acknowledge that no one will occupy/reside in the residential premises, as described above, without prior approval of the landlord including providing an acceptable Criminal Records Check.
For the purposes of this Addendum, “residential premises” shall include but not be limited to the rented residential unit, the building in which it is located, all common areas in and around the building, and any landlord-owned property used in common by tenants and/or guests of the building or adjacent building(s).
Violation of the above provisions, shall be deemed a substantial breach of the Tenancy Agreement, and shall be sufficient cause for a Notice to end a tenancy.
A single violation of any of the provisions of this added Addendum shall be deemed a substantial breach of the Residential Tenancy Agreement. It is understood and agreed that a single violation shall be sufficient cause for a Notice to end a Tenancy Agreement. Unless otherwise provided by law, proof of violation shall not require criminal conviction, but shall be predominant on the evidence.
In the event of conflict between the provisions of this Addendum and any other provisions of the Tenancy Agreement, the provisions of this Addendum shall govern.
This Addendum is incorporated into the Tenancy Agreement executed or renewed this day between myself/ourselves and InterRent REIT.